10 things you should know about BIOPOLIS- the bio research hub of singapore!
- Location is behind MOE, Buana Vista MRT…you can see it from the train while going from commonwealth to buana vista
- you can easily spot German, French, Indian, Taiwanese and Chinese researchers strolling during the lunch hours
- Turn a head and you’ll find a PhD guy!
- the food places are damn posh!!…some names include Raj, Infuzzi, etc.
- The building names are so scientific - Helios, Proteos, Nanos, Chromos, Matrix, Genome, Centros
- The building icons are the shape of the building!!!
- Interns are not only from NUS, NTU…but also from MIT, carnegie mellon or princeton…go grab your chance :)
- you can even find kids…thankx to a kindergarten.
- Everybody carries a tag which is the key to their secret labs!!!…i have mine too…haha so i feel very important…lame
- There is this drain between Nanos and Helios…look down and you’ll see yourself standing above a 4 storey ventilation HOLE!!!!…scary man…go check out!!
The name is BIOpolis…so what is a would-be electrical engineer doing there?!?!…haha more to come!