The list is out:
- Physics: Albert Fert and Peter Grünberg "for the discovery of Giant Magnetoresistance"
- Chemistry: Gerhard Ertl "for his studies of chemical processes on solid surfaces"
- Physiology or Medicine: Mario R. Capecchi, Sir Martin J. Evans and Oliver Smithies "for their discoveries of principles for introducing specific gene modifications in mice by the use of embryonic stem cells"
- Literature: Doris Lessing "that epicist of the female experience, who with scepticism, fire and visionary power has subjected a divided civilisation to scrutiny"
- Peace: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change"
- Prize in Economics: Leonid Hurwicz, Eric S. Maskin and Roger B. Myerson "for having laid the foundations of mechanism design theory"