studying for astronomy test next week and so decided to compile all the interesting links that my lecturer has put down in the notes. And here are some of my fav :D
- animation of a comet’s passage through solar system
- proper motion of Big Dipper over a period of 200,000 years!
- beautiful pics of Planetary Nebulae amd final blaze of stars!
- collection of really great movies… must watch :P example: morphology of helix planetary nebulae and planetary knots
- animation on a classic super nova
- Collision of Andrmeda with our Milky way galaxy - animation
- what info did we store about the Earth on the Golden Record for any Extra terrestrial being out there in the universe??
on Pluto and dwarf planets
- transneptunian objects
- Centaurs and Scattered-Disk Objects
- Comparison of Kuiper Belt Object sizes
- IAU General Assembly in August 2003
- 3 moon of pluto here and there - Charon, Nix and Hydra
- New Horizon - space mission that’ll reach pluto in 2015
- Eris - largest known dwarf planet… it is slightly larger than Pluto
on small Solar System bodies
- total number of known asteroids exceeds 300,000!
- Vesta - one of the 3 largest asteroids
- Binary asteroids
- are asteroids rubble piles?
- Hayabusa - mission for asteroid sample return
- movies on how samples are collected
- comet McNaught
- what is a comet
- nucleus of comet Tempel 1
on meteritic impacts
- Near Earth Objects - close approaches
- Meteor showers in 2007
- an animation on meteor showers
- animation of meteor shower fireball
- peekskill meteorite movie
on the Sun
on stellar properties
on the End of Stars and Galaxies